Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let's Go Parking!

Living in a small town has some benefits.  Cheaper rents, accessibility to family, and knowing everyone in town (which can also be a detriment).  But one of my favorite things is the outdoor spaces.  Yes, I know there are great parks in big cities.  Central Park is the "backyard" of New York City and Millenium Park in Chicago is always hopping.  But I like my little small town parks.  Quiet, pretty, and plentiful. 

So today I got to start my day in one of our local parks.  I took my pup, Pip, and her best friend Saunders to a dog park about 3 blocks from my cottage.  This new park is still not that well known and it is kind of tucked away, making it a great place to go and relax.  And they have a dog park.  So the kids got to run and sniff and play and be silly, while I got to drink my coffee and play on my phone. 

I did a little playing with the dogs, too.  Chasing them around, throwing a tennis ball, and generally just making a fool of myself.  And it was fun.  It was quiet and relaxing and sunny and good for the soul. 

Animals have always been a part of my life, but sometimes I forget how necessary they are to my life.  Yes, I get annoyed at the dirty house, or the broken bowls, or the barking, but I know that there will always be a happy little soul that is waiting for me expectantly and is at their happiest when they are right next to me.  It's nice to feel needed.

So I will definitely be back out to the dog park with Pip, and my coffee, and maybe even a good book. 

For more information on Aesop's Park:  http://www.tavares.org/index.aspx?NID=954

No comments:

Post a Comment